The Hurricane Hat for Jellybean is finished and off the needles. It’s not blocked because as expected it has a pretty scratchy finished fabric feel. I need to dig out the wool wash with lanolin.
Pattern: Hurricane Hat by Andrea Guldin (ravelry link)
Yarn: West Yorkshire Spinners Aire Valley DK (held double) in the Teal colorway
Needles: US 7s
I really like the swirls that the purl texture created. My crown decreases came out a little messy as I didn’t have the best tension with my double pointed needles. With the purls moving every round it was tricking to keep everything situation. And I really don’t like DPNs so there’s that too!
I used up roughly 211 yards of yarn or 84 grams of my 200 grams of stash. The hat is a free pattern and a one size fits most kind of thing. Unblocked it fits Jellybean and I imagine it will loosen up with blocking and be a more relaxed fit after. Most of all, it made my six year old happy that I had made him something just for him….even if it ends up in the dress up box.
That is a great pattern. I love the effect.
Looks great! I’ve done this one a couple of times and I really like it. Hope it softens up a bit!
Pingback: Casting On Another Hurricane | My Tangled Yarn Knitting Adventures
Pingback: FO Friday: Hurricane Hat #2 | My Tangled Yarn Knitting Adventures