I finally carved out time to get my Mycroft on to the needles. This was supposed to be my birthday cast on but after reading the pattern I quickly realized I didn’t have the brain space on my birthday to deal with the short rows.
And I was correct, this was a brain bending cast on and first rows. I had the printed pattern and I had cross out tiny sections of the written directions as I went. That, and I counted ALL THE TIME. And this is only the first short row. I have like so many more to do.
I have put this back in the bag for when I can come up for air and work on this one uninterrupted. Totally invested in this project and it looks to get easier after the short rows….but I gotta get there first, lol.
This yarn is simply wonderful and the pieces very much flew off my needles in a single evening. I have soaked and blocked them into their respective shapes. Now I just have to wait for them to dry so I can assemble. Not really looking to the duplicate stitching of the year but I shall persevere!
Yarn: Leading Man Fiber Arts Showstealer base in Sand Castle
I tried for longer legged socks and ended up using 71 grams of yarn or just over 300 yards. So I have plenty enough leftover for my memory blanket and maybe another small project? The fit is good in the heels and I definitely needed the leg increases.
And the completed fabric feels really good on my feet with the cashmere content. So off these go into my sock drawer. I haven’t delved too deeply into my sock drawer this year. Its a combination of a warmer winter and not really leaving the house. I really haven’t needed socks as much. Maybe February will bring us some cold snaps?
I have completely unboxed my 2020 Advent calendar from A Girl and Her Wool. I ended up with the quite the collection of minis!
I have hemmed and hawed over what to do with these. I did some pattern searching and pulled down some possibilities. I had been leaning toward a cowl of some sort because the minis are all 10 grams I need something small-ish so that I can see good sized blocks of the different colors.
But then I threw that all out the window and I decided to make my own “advent” socks. I am going to use the full skein to make the heels toes and cuffs. And for each mini I will split in half and knit concurrent socks on two different needles. I think I won’t attempt any color management and will just use them in the order the dyer presented them.
I have the second sock to a place where I am ready to start the second heel. I made sure not to over run or over knit this time. No tinking back! This has been my evening knitting project here lately so it is getting most of my knitting time. Maybe I’ll have finished socks soon?
I have a finished Baby Yoda! And the hubby loves it. I am really pleased with the whole project. The eyes could be a little bit bigger but they were all I had without going to the store and my husband didn’t seem to notice/care.
One of my husband’s online gaming friends already asked if I could knit another one and he would pay me. I replied that “knitting is like sex, if I like you then its free. If not, then you can’t pay me enough”. That got a pretty good hearty internet laugh. But in all honestly I told them that I have enough on my plate and I don’t have the bandwidth to work extra projects at the moment. Felt good to be honest! Life is to short for obligation knitting.
Baby Yoda now has arms and hands! This whole toy is knit flat seamed up which makes it easy to knit and fiddly to assemble. The arms turned out pretty good but I am considering starching the ears to make them more “yoda-like”.
Next up….I need to dig through my odds and bits to figure out two eyes and a nose. Then this can be wrapped up and gifted!
I managed dig around in my stash and come up with some Baby Yoda sweater yarn. I ended up using some Knit Picks Swish in squirrel heather held double to make a “bulky” yarn. The color isn’t quite as cream as the pattern and its not a true bulky yarn but I think its suitable enough.
I still need to fiddle with placement and get the coat to roll and overlap nicely. Baby Yoda has a really cozy oversized sweater look. I think I will use ends to tack the sweater to the body….just in case PB or Jellybean get any ideas of undressing him.
My husband didn’t have much under the Christmas tree this year as he tends to buy the things he wants when he wants them instead of saving any for gift ideas. So I got a wild hair to make him a little baby Yoda for his gaming desk as a winter surprise.
I am using the free Baby Yoda pattern by Kim Konen. (Rav link) I managed to knock out the body and head in one sitting. My fabric is a little loose and I can see the polyfil inside. I probably should have swatched and then gone down a needle size. But I’m plowing ahead…its a toy and for a grown adult. It’s good enough, lol
I am using Malabrigo Rios green scraps from my Weekender Sweater. I still need to dig in my stash to find suitable Yoda sweater yarn. It’s been tricky to work on this because I want it to be a surprise so I have to work on this after the kids go to bed but before my husband comes to bed.