I decided to go big and leave home, so to speak. At PB’s gymnastics lessons this week I took my Catbells Cardigan and lugged to the gym.
I have roughly 40 or 42 rows of sleeve done and I have slipped this on. Based on this fit, I think I am ready to start the decreases. Given the gauge I am working at, I think I need roughly 10 (maybe 12) stitches decreased to fit my lower arms/wrists.
I plan to plot my decreases with light bulb style stitch markers so I can count rows and match my “pattern” on the second sleeve. This yarn is SO DARK, it’s my only hope to be mildly successful!
I feel like I finished a marathon and I have most of my Catbells cardigan is done! I am finished with 24 inches of patterned body.
I didn’t have my needle set with me over the last weekend so I couldn’t start the ribbing just yet. But I didn’t want to lose steam so I decided to start the sleeves. I did have my Chia Goo mini set in my project bag so I could work the sleeves in the round.
This is actually my second start of the sleeve. I accidently picked up the stitches with the sweater inside out. Oops! I do plan to deviate from the pattern on the sleeves. I have larger upper arms and really want to customize for a good fit.
Really hoping this means I am *this* close to finish this long lingering WIP. I started this sweater in June 2021….
I have tried this on and the fit is excellent. This yarn is really superb and I already have the foot of the second sock already started. I can definitely say that these socks will be a favorite in my winter rotation.
The pooling really played out nicely. The rainbow is subtle and the zebra black/white breaks up the crazy very well. I haven’t weighed this tube yet but I have a generous ball of yarn left. I am still pondering on the yarn choice for the heel. Could do black or I could just use this same self-striping yarn.
I think I will finish the second tube and decide how I feel in that moment. Happy Knitting!!
The sweater that never ends is ever so closer to the hem! Twenty-one inches is a LOT of sweater body, especially when I will probably have to add length to accommodate my generous back fourty.
I have this ball of yarn and one more skein of yarn from my original lot. I did source three more from the internet last month when I panicked that my yarn was disappearing. Looking at my sweater body I can probably finish the body with those. And I would probably only need a second skein to do the sleeves, but better safe than sorry!
Another week, another gymnastics lesson. This time Jellybean decided to tag along, mostly for the reward snacks at the end! This session had me working on my second Victorian Mauve Socks. I finished the first during my cold medicine haze and owe you and update.
The math held true and I managed to add about 3/4 of an inch of sock during a 40 minute class. Jellybean brought a new book but spent most of the class keeping an eagle eye out for his sister. He’s a natural protector.
All this planned knitting time seems to be reigniting my knitting mojo. Spinning has just been easier these days but these socks are very mindful and helpful. And this BFL from La Bien Aimee is worth ever cent. This fabric is soft yet firm which should lead to hard wearing socks!
Back to school germs got me. I am down for the count with a sore throat and headache. Thankfully its not COVID, just normal non-flu germs so should pass quickly. But for now I am going to sip frozen coffee and knit my Victorian Mauve Sock while binging Netflix.
I am almost done with the leg and need to start my increases for the upper leg and cuff section. We will see if the cold meds allow such brain power.
PB is a bubbly 4 year old these days and we decided to give a shot a gymnastics. A chance to learn to move her body and socialize outside her daycare group. Upside for Mama? Forty minutes of uninterrupted knitting time as parents are not part of class.
This is the second sock of my UniZebraCorn vanilla socks. The first sock is done-ish and its a full tube now. And I owe you a beauty shot of that because its SPECTACULAR! This yarn is wild y’all.
I added about 3/4 of an inch in sock foot before I scooped up a sweaty PB. She looked me dead in the eyes and said “That was really fun. I don’t think we need to come back though”. Tough cookies tootsie, we paid for at least a full month!
The hubs and I cleaned up after a thunderstorm rolled through this week and we had some scraps to get rid of. Even though its 1,000 degrees I convinced my husband to start the firepit with me and sit outside after the kids went to bed. I even popped open a bottle of champagne to watch the bats come out to eat all the mosquitos!
My UniZebraCorn Vanilla Socks are swimming right along. I am past where the heel will be installed so I think I am now officially in the leg part of the sock. My plan is to knit until it feels right to start the ribbed cuff and then knit the cuff in the self-striping yarn.
I was recovering from my previous mistakes and doing SO well. And then I thought I was done with the colorwork and started working the crown. Nope….I was missing the last bit of yellow to finish off the colorwork. So I pulled out the needles a second time to rip back to the mistake.
The stitches were not to bad to get back on the needles and I added the last two missing rows of color work. I am truly now ready to work the crown and decreases. This hat is really trying my patience.
And yes, my original mistake is still there and I’m leaving it as an unintended design feature! Happy Knitting!!