This week I only have a HO, half finished object. The heel is fully installed in my Goth Kitty Vanilla Socks and I even wove in all my ends.
It just so happened to work out that the heel fell in the middle of a stripe. Which I’m not mad at. It meant I could pull my remaining yarn out to a color that would be from a different part of the sequence. I only needed two stripes to get my heel complete.
Now I just need to get the next toe on the needles for my purse knitting! Happy Knitting!!
My hat needles told me they were chilly after getting my first Musselburgh off of them. So I couldn’t let them get cold so I got a second hat cast on right away!
I went digging in my stash and found another skein of Moonstone Dyeworks kicking around. This time it is her Stellina Sock base in Christmas on Mars colorway. It’s a nice muted Christmas color with a TON of sparkle to it. I don’t get the sparkle to show up on camera very well.
I am making an adult large again, this time without the extra increases. I’m curious to see how this one differs from my first one. If its too small, then it can go in the gift pile or kid pile. I just finished the increase and its just stockinette for many many inches.
Vanilla socks are one of my happy places, I have quite literally zoomed through the entire foot and leg portion of my Goth Kitty Vanilla Socks. I just need to cut in the afterthought heel!
I have been making socks long enough that I am fairly comfortable cutting in afterthought heels. I used to use lifelines when I was new to this type of heel and now I just fly by the seat of my pants.
I did end up adding some increases in the leg to improve the fit. It’s audit season at my job and my stress is higher than normal. So my tension on this sock is tighter than normal, lol. So adding extra room in this sock felt like a good decision!
Yarn: Yak Sock in Hectate color by Moonstone Dyeworks
Needles: US 2s
I know I was working the instructions for the adult large but I do think I added like 10 extra increases to the stich count. That means I should have gone up a needle size. The fabric leans to the firmer side. But it’s a lovely super warm hat. And the subtle tonality of the browns and greys is gorgeous.
This hat isn’t necessarily long enough to cuff up but it fits just fine as a standard beanie. This is a keeper for my woolen drawer. Mother Nature here in Kansas is wildly swinging from negative temps to the high forties. So my need for a warm hat is variable, lol.
I recently finished my Goth Kitty Worsted hat so I decided to get the matching socks cooking on the needles. This is also Knit Picks Felici, just the sock yarn. It matches the worsted really well.
I cast on my normal sock recipe of 68 stitches on a toe up vanilla sock. I think I will do an afterthought heel on these to preserve the striping sequence. I binge watched Murder She Wrote and busted out a full striping sequence and a half!
Self striping sock yarn is so potato chippy for me. I just can’t put it down until I finish a color and then of course I need to do “just one more”. Which I guess is good for my knitting production, lol.
My vanilla stockinette projects seem be taking most of my attention here lately but I have made some barely there progress on my Around Every Corner shawl.
I am still in the first section that uses the main color. My main color is some oldl/deep stash of Cascade sock yarn in a green color. The pattern isn’t complicated but does require counting to make sure I create the correct number of increases. It just hasn’t “calling to me” from the WIP pile.
It may need to marinate for a bit? Happy Knitting!!
I purposely ended with a complete striping sequence for not other reason than whimsy. I used all but 26 yards of this 218 yard skein. It is a decent sized that can roll the brim or be worn slouchy.
In my stash I have matching Knit Picks Felici sock yarn in this same color. So next up in my knitting plans is to knit up some vanilla socks to have a matched set. I haven’t decided if I’m going to keep the set or put in my gift box. The matchy matchy is just filling some sort of need in my crafting brain.
New Year and new cast on! I had some training this week so I decided that a basic beanie was the way to go. I grabbed the skein of Knit Picks Felici worsted, mostly because I required no winding, lol
I cast on 80 stitches on a US 8 needle. I worked 2×2 ribbing until it looked good. I didn’t really have a pattern in mind. The goal was to stay awake while listening to a four hour lecture. The good news is that four hours is enough time to get 60% of a hat done!
I think I need two more color stripes and then I can start the decreases! Happy Knitting!!
Every behind the curve I decided to use my Queen City Yarn advent calendar to make the pattern it came with. It is Perpetual Hope by Kino Knits. I am still in Clue one……lol.
The yarn is sock weight and variegated in nature. I have already peaked at others FOs and I’m willing to give this one a try. If I get into it and I fall out of love I will frog back these minis for something else.
Oh, and the stitch markers were included with advent calendar. They are wooden, beautiful and lightweight. Perfect for a shawl project!
A few special people in my life are expecting babies in the new year. So I couldn’t let those babies have cold heads!!
This yarn is some Super Bulky spindle spun handspun from 2020. I decided they needed to be baby beanies. I pulled out some size 10 dpns and just invented hats on the fly. I used up every single inch of precious handspun and came out with two cute hats.
PB loaned me a baby doll so I could take glamor shots. I still need to wash them and get them wrapped up. But that is for another day!