I keep finding my thoughts drifting to the Merino DK I have in stash from Hedgehog Fibers. I have roughly 650 yards between my grey and blue colorways. I REALLY want this to grow up to be a shawl.
I had originally thought about doing Touchstone by Laura Aylor. But it’s a one color shawl I would have to commit brain cells into converting to two colors in a logical way. So I did some more Ravelry searching and came up with a few more options.
- Paris Toujours by Isabell Kraemer – but this is also a one color shawl I’d have to convert to two colors and I’m a little short on the yardage requirements.
- Slow Crawl Shawl by Kelly Trinchero – this is written for three colors but would be easy to adapt to just two.
- Corfe Castle by Clare Devine – this is squishy two color garter, yum! But it has german short rows so my brain would have to learn something new!
- Cabin Shawl by This.Bird.Knits – this is an easy triangle shawl written for exactly the yardages I have in each color. But it’s not looking like an easy one to wear/style on the body.
- Lovella by Ambah O’Brien – this is also squishy garter written for two colors that has a more wearable shape. But I’m a little short on yardage
AAACK! Why do I have to have so many options. All of these would be lovely but I don’t have a clear front runner that scream KNIT ME! Perhaps these precious skeins just need to marinate a little longer before they decide what they want to be when they grow up…