Thanks to some grandparents distractions and babysitting I managed to finish out the last of Dino Jr! Last we spoke I really only had the eyes and scales left to do.
I managed to dig through my mom’s button stash in her sewing room and find two pink-ish small buttons that made perfect eyes. Jellybean is old enough now I’m confident he won’t chew on and/or choke on them. And I don’t plan on letting PB play with this one. But I thought my button choice worked nicely.
The scales cranked out quickly and the only mod I made was to only knit two A scales instead of three. I knew I would never fit them all onto the dino without making them looked bunched up. My seaming technique leaves a little to be desired. But I erred on the side of making them Jellybean proof versus picture perfect.
All in all this was a fun knit and a good pattern. I need to work on reducing my ladders but I would probably knit this one again. And the bonus is that I managed to get this all complete out of sight of Jellybean so I’m considering tucking this away for a Christmas present!
If anyone is interested by notes, yarn usage, mods, etc are all on my Ravelry page for this project. This is probably an adventurous beginner pattern and I would say give it a whirl if you have a dino lover in your knitworthy list.