I cruised through the body of my GFOA Conference Hat and worked through the decreases. I was hanging out at my parents house when I got to the point where my circular needles were to big to continue. But I didn’t want to be done knitting! So my Aunt suggested I just finish it as is!
So I did a modified K2tog, K1 and repeat cast off to finish the pony tail hole. It doesn’t have a ton of stretch at the cast off but my pony tail fit threw the hole just fine. I still need to weave in the ends and give this thing a wash/block. Finished object photos coming soon!
My GFOA Conference hat is swimming right along! The brim is finished and I did turned hem sort of process so the fabric is doubled over. I am now starting the main body of the hat.
This is my first time working with Urth Uneek Worsted. Its a self-striping worsted and its been fascinating watching how the colors are developing and striping. Based on how the ball is unwinding I can see some deeper and darker stripes coming my way. I can’t wait!!
While tromping around Texas at my work conference, I found Hill Country Weavers and fell into some yarn. While killing time in the airport I cast on a basic worsted hat using some the Uneek Worsted yarn I bought.
I used 80 stitches on a US 8 needle and started working in stockinette. My plan is to have a folded hem and make a basic beanie from my own “recipe’. I only managed about two inches of brim during my flight as my isle mate was very talkative.
Still, I am loving how this hat is starting to work up! The yarn is very subtly striped and the colors are uniquely coordinate. I think this will be a very cool hat. Stay tuned!!
My Catbells is growing. I managed to get both fronts added to the back section. I am not sure how I feel about how this is looking. I need to trust the pattern but I feel dubious about how this will turn into a sweater.
I am now working in the body section, but back and forth. So I get one “lace” row and one rest row of plain knit. Its close to 200 stitches in the row so it takes me a minute to get back and forth.
I’m now in the slog of 27 inches of body….I think I will be here for a minute, lol.
Pattern: None, just my ‘recipe’ for a worsted hat. I can on 88 stitches total with a blend of 2×2 rib and then stockinette. Make up the crown decreases when I get there
Needles: US 8s
Yarn: Lilliput Woof Worsted in Puppy Love colorway
I am getting fairly confident on just winging these hats. I have been ending up with a nice slouchy hat that can also function with a folded brim. This one is definitely a gift knit. I have an ex-coworker who is amazing but has moved away. I think I will tuck this in a package with some homemade jelly and send her a care package.
Yarns: K-Zip Knits Waterfront Worsted in Sterling and Blacklight
This cowl turned out to be a decent size. It is on the smaller side and I didn’t gauge swatch so I’m not surprised. But its warm, soft and very serviceable. I am still deciding if this will be a keeper or a gift.
My Windowpanes cowl just sort of flew off the needles! It probably helps that it is worsted weight yarn and the stitch count decreases as you go.
I still have the live stitches on the needs that will need grafted to the short section on the bottom right. I used my wires to stretch the daylights out of this as I am worried the neck opening will be small.
It’s now drying by the fire, so I am hoping it dries quickly and I can finish this one up! Happy Knitting!!
I think I have finally got the hang of my Windowpanes cowl. I had a zoom knit night this past weekend and cranked out several pattern repeats.
I am SUPER glad that this gets grafted at the end. The slipped stitches are causing some curling. Now, I know blocking will also help some as well. For now I’m just cruising in this pattern until I hit 7 inches of finished fabric.
If you have been following my blog this week, you might have keened that I have a case of Cast-On-Itis, lol. Next up is the project I had intended to be my Christmas Eve Cast On. But I didn’t get around to getting that organized thanks to germs and a lack of bandwidth. But I have sorted the cast on now!
I chose Windowpanes by Jill Ramos as its a worsted weight bandana style cowl. I pulled two coordinating skeins of worsted by K-Zip Knits from my stash. I started this once on US 9s and HATED the loose fabric. So I ripped back and started again on US 7s and that made me much happier.
I did have to use my plastic needles from WAY back when I started knitting. Not my ideal needles but I couldn’t lay hands on any other US 7s and I really just wanted to knit. The pattern is pretty straight forward and I have 7 inches of this pattern to do before moving on.