On Monday I had managed to achieve sleeve separation and knit down a few rows. I did sneak away, despite my family’s best efforts, to a local Joanns and grab as 16 inch circular needle in size 7 to start my sleeves. I really think I’m going to be happier if I knit the sleeves without having to turn the entire body of sweater.
The body is still on a cord with some cord stoppers I dug out of my interchangeable set. I think this is the first time I have every used them for this purpose. However, they are coming in really really handy now. It’s nice to feel like my live body stitches are secure and just hanging out waiting for me to come back.
This pattern has the sleeves worked flat and seamed up. Yeah…I’m not doing that. I modified this pattern to omit about six stitches and then to knit in the round. And I pulled my row counter from tool bag and its helping me keep track of my decrease rounds. Normally I would just make tick marks on the paper but I didn’t trust myself this time around. I’ll let you know how it works out!