So earlier this week I managed to measure and start to insert needles so I could cut in afterthought cuffs on my Dark Side Vanilla socks. Well yesterday was my birthday and I had a glass or two of some very fine Rose with my dinner. And somehow it seemed like a great idea to then cut my knitting.
I might have made a small miscalculation when deciding the exact middle of my socks. One sock is noticeably shorter than the other. Like by four or five rows. I think my plan is to just add the extra needed rows in cuff portion so that the overall sock length is the same between the two.
One idiosyncrasy I noticed is that the black stripes mostly line up but the color stripes are not even close. Probably because of the way I knit toes from the opposite ends of the stripe sequence. I am the boss of my knitting and I have decided I like all of the above because its quirky like me!
Oh heck, that’s nothing! I have socks that are a lot more mis-matched than that! These will be fantastic however they end up. 🙂
Yeah the sequences of the stripes do not match because they on the opposite direction (as in one sock is upside down)… not that it matters, they’re nice anyway 🙂
Lol, maybe I should have kept quiet 😉
I think they look good! Just going a little longer on the ribbing as you plan should take care of it.
Pingback: First Fire | My Tangled Yarn Knitting Adventures