I have 48 grams of my Shepherd’s Mill 2 ply DK yarn left from my Mom’s 2021 Christmas Hat. I decided to dive right back in and cast on a second hat for my mom. With the idea that I will use up this skein of yarn and give her both ends of the gradient.
I made a couple of tweaks to try and set myself up for success. First, I took the stitch count down to 88 total for the cast on. This will hopefully increase the height I can achieve given I have less yarn for the second. Second I think I am going to forgo standard/typical crown decreases. I am going to knit until I run out of yarn and the Kitchener the top closed in a “square”.
This could end in a fail or in a quirky project. I don’t think my mom will care as long as its warm and her ears don’t hurt when she takes her dogs outside in the winter, lol.