My BFL gradient is washed and fully dry. This turned out to be one very happy skein!
This is 100% Blue faced Leicester long wool that I spun from one end of the gradient to the other. Then I chain plied the singles into a three ply to preserve the gradient. The finished skein ended up being 138 grams and roughly 166 yards. I calculated 9 wraps per inch on average so this is a worsted weight yarn with thicker and thinner spot throughout.
This handspun is superbly handsome all skeined up. I have zero ideas or plans on what to do with this skein so into the precious handspun stash it goes. Happy Spinning!!
I ignored my children and responsibilities for roughly an hour and a half so I could chain ply the results. The singles had rested about three days before plying. The process had a few hiccups and breaks but I managed a pretty decent finished bobbin.
I am going to let that sit for at least a day and then I’ll give the skein a wash and a whack. So excited to get this off the bobbin so I can see how the gradient turned out! Happy Spinning!!
My BFL gradient is moving along. I am in the third of three total colors and its a kind of nice solid blue.
The first color was a very bright teal that rubbed off on my fingers and the second was a very light or pale blue. This gradient should develop nicely! I hope to get all these singles spun onto one bobbin and then 3-ply/chain ply the singles to maintain the gradient.
The trick is going to be finding time to spin with the hectic buzz of summer and children’s activities. Happy Spinning!!
I am at a decision point with my All My Stitches. I have already gone past the pattern number of increases….but I can’t decide to do more or start the next pattern section. Which is a long slow decrease section.
I don’t want to play yarn chicken but I also don’t want to have yarn leftover or not use all the colors. If I get towards the end I could manage my colors to make sure I get some of each color in but that would leave me with leftovers. I kind of have my heart set on using all of the advent. I guess I didn’t make the best pattern selection for that, lol.
Happy Friday! Let me dazzle you with my latest FO. My Purple Rain Vanilla Socks are done, blocked and photographed on my very very very dry grass.
Pattern: My own toe up vanilla sock recipe with 68 stitches and a gusset heel
Yarn: KFI Luxury Sock in Purple Rain gradient
Needles: US 1s
There are some SUPER tall socks. They still fit okay, especially after blocking. I have a little room in the toes but nothing untoward. And the they come up very high on my round calves. They smell wonderful like lavender wool wash so I need to tuck them into sock drawer for the coming fall.
Next up for my sock focus…..my third pair of scrappy advent mini skein socks. Just need to work up the mojo!
Huzzah for paper clips as they work in a pinch when you don’t have stitch markers! I am now ready for the second cuff on my Purple Rain Vanilla Socks. 🙂
I *think* was able to match up the increases fairly well with the first sock. It really did help to have the increases marked visibly on my first sock. I could follow along and know when to add in an increase on the second. It actually made the knitting faster and easier.
I have one tiny little cuff left and I can move this project to the finished column. Literally CANNOT WAIT! 🙂
I’m really feeling the slog of sock number two on my Purple Rain Vanilla Socks. It is great purse knitting/knit while walking knitting. But my knitting brain wants to be doing other things so I don’t find myself excitedly picking this project up.
Despite my ennui, I have finished the second foot and turned the heel. I do need to take a moment to count and measure all the leg increases I put in on the first sock. I am not going to go so far as to count rows to make mirror images. But I would like them to be close0-ish.
Not one to let my needles get cold…I have cast on for my second Purple Rain Vanilla Sock. I needed to get my easy purse knitting restarted as I am taking a friend to some medical appointments this week.
I really enjoy making socks with my nine inch circular needles. I can’t cast on the toe of course, I do use DPNs (double pointed needles) for those. After I get the last increase round done I move my sock toe to the small circulars.
Because I have the first sock done I will need to pay a little more attention to this project to make sure I mirror what I did on the first one. I didn’t do a great job of taking notes or putting in markers. I was just winging it, lol. Guess I’m paying for that decision now!
Boom! I have a finished cuff/bind off on my Purple Rain Vanilla Socks. That means this Friday that I have a HO (half finished object).
Other than the dark line in the foot where the marling broke, I am pleased with these socks. The gradient is really cute and there were more transitions than I expected.
I think I ended these socks in the nick of time. They do fit my calves but only just so. If I had gone much taller I would have needed more increases to fit on my leg. Now the challenge is to start sock number two and mirror what I did with sock number one. I have some medical appointments coming up that I need purse knitting for. Sock number two should be a good choice!
P.S. It’s really hard to take photos of one own’s feet….I almost fell off the chair I was sitting on, lol.
I have to admit, this sock feels like its never going to end. I keep knitting and the leg is crazy tall….but the cake of yarn is not ending!!
I started the cuff of my Purple Rain socks and worked through one color but I believe there is still TWO MORE COLORS. These legitimately might end up being knee high. Or so tall they don’t fit my calves….
I still love these socks….but I am ready to move on to #2. I may just add a little more pink to the cuff and cut my losses….