I am still using the Leading Man Fiber Arts mini called “Baby it’s cold outside” color. I put in waste yarn between stripes where I wanted the heels so I only had to slide needles in and pick out the waste yarn. I think with the many different colors that the blue color works nicely!
We had some inclement weather with a work from home day, so I was able to install both heels last week during Teams calls. The socks did get finished on Christmas eve and I snapped some fire side photos to share later this week. I hope everyone has had a safe and happy weekend.
I decided to live dangerously so I started and worked the gusset increases without stitch markers. I made a few oops but I managed to spot and fix them. Right now I am done with increases and ready to turn the heel and decrease to the leg.
This is not mindless knitting as it requires counting and paying attention. Need to find some kid free time to focus on the next steps. Happy Knitting!!
Motherhood means stealing stitches where you can. PB and Jellybean are finally old enough to play fairly independently at the park. So to celebrate seeing the sun for the first time in a week we hit the local playground. I had a large iced coffee and my Stark Effect Socks.
I made super good progress on sock number two. I am through the full tube and almost done with the ribbing. I need one more black stripe and then to knit and cast off in the dark purple. I have been knitting for 12 ish years and it never ceases to amaze me how fast self-striping yarn feels like it knits up.
I always make toe up socks and start with DPNs. I work the magic 8 cast on and put my increases at each side of the toe. Once I get up to my “recipe” totale of 68 stiches I switch to my nine inch circular.
Now I’m ready to zoom right through the tube. Watching the stripes develop is super addicting so I envision this sock will go quickly as the first tube. Happy Knitting!!
After finishing my Goth Kitty socks, I wanted some socks back on the needles. But I decided to cheat a little and use a sock snake to get a jump start on a project.
I cut the sock snake and ripped back about two inches of the tube. I re-knit about an inch of cuff with the same yarn. It was very ramen-y but workable. I took the tiny yarn ball and I’m going to create the toe of the sock.
I have some black yarn I thought I would use for the heels. But I may decide to go monochromatic for these? I’ll have to see how I feel when I get there. I am excited to get a quick win. The only caveat I have is these are 64 stitch count circumference, which might be too small for my feet. These might be a gift pile…..
I’m really feeling the slog of sock number two on my Purple Rain Vanilla Socks. It is great purse knitting/knit while walking knitting. But my knitting brain wants to be doing other things so I don’t find myself excitedly picking this project up.
Despite my ennui, I have finished the second foot and turned the heel. I do need to take a moment to count and measure all the leg increases I put in on the first sock. I am not going to go so far as to count rows to make mirror images. But I would like them to be close0-ish.
Boom! I have a finished cuff/bind off on my Purple Rain Vanilla Socks. That means this Friday that I have a HO (half finished object).
Other than the dark line in the foot where the marling broke, I am pleased with these socks. The gradient is really cute and there were more transitions than I expected.
I think I ended these socks in the nick of time. They do fit my calves but only just so. If I had gone much taller I would have needed more increases to fit on my leg. Now the challenge is to start sock number two and mirror what I did with sock number one. I have some medical appointments coming up that I need purse knitting for. Sock number two should be a good choice!
P.S. It’s really hard to take photos of one own’s feet….I almost fell off the chair I was sitting on, lol.
I powered through some knitting this week and finished the heel turn, the leg and calf increases for my Sand Castle Cashmere Vanilla Socks. Added a little gratuitous Christmas decoration that I haven’t had the energy to take down yet.
I flew by the seat of my pants on this one. I just knit up the leg and eyeballed installing the calf increases. I added four or six extra stitches over top half the leg. Maybe not the most scientific and will undoubtedly be super hard to recreate on the second sock. But that is future Rachelle’s problem
No second sock syndrome here….I cast on my second Antagonist Sock!
The yarn is just so scrumptious! The BFL really feels sturdy and soft as I create fabric. And the first sock fits really well so I’m continuing the second sock same as the first. And don’t you just love the beautiful speckles?
Welcome to Friday everyone! May it be as happy and peaceful as possible during this time period as possible. I am excited this Friday because I have a HO (half finished object)!! I finished the first Antagonist Sock.
I am really pleased with this project so far. I didn’t have a super concrete plan in mind so I just kind of worked the leg until I was bored and then I started the ribbing. Turns out I made a “just a little bit higher than shorties” sock. It is not low rise at all but fits nicely at the base of my ankle. The fabric feels good on my foot and the whole sock fits nicely. I am definitely moving on to getting sock number two on my needles. The little speckles and pops of color are really making my soul happy.
In these photos you might notice a new tool. I was completely surprised by the husband with a present for no reason surprise. He found some metal sock blockers on the interwebs and got them for me. They are PERFECT my large lady sized feet. He definitely earned some husband points on this one. I really like a great knitting tool!