I powered through some knitting this week and finished the heel turn, the leg and calf increases for my Sand Castle Cashmere Vanilla Socks. Added a little gratuitous Christmas decoration that I haven’t had the energy to take down yet.
I flew by the seat of my pants on this one. I just knit up the leg and eyeballed installing the calf increases. I added four or six extra stitches over top half the leg. Maybe not the most scientific and will undoubtedly be super hard to recreate on the second sock. But that is future Rachelle’s problem
Embolded by my swatches and encouraged by a dear friend, I finally cast on for Antrose!
I’m working the garter ribbed collar. It’s back and forth, so no purls but lots and lots of knits! I opted to use lifted M1R and M1L increases instead of the KFB increases. With my tension and style….they just look better to me.
I have to admit, I had never done the Long Tail Cast On before (even though patterns clearly called for it). So I put my big girl pants on and went to YouTube….ITS SO EASY! Here’s the link I used. It so clean looking and makes such a nice stretchy edge! I did have to take several swings at it before I let out enough yarn in the beginning to make all the cast on stitches, lol.
Now, just a few thousand more stitches before I have a finished sweater! I’m liking the Lion Brand Heartland yarn….although it can be “splitty” at times. And have tinked a few stitches and I could see how this yarn wouldn’t stand up to prolonged frogging. But it’s very soft and creates a nice fabric.