After I ripped out my Wool and Waves advent shawl AND getting my Cloudborn order in, I was ready to cast on my next garter shawl/scarf project. This is the last project I need to “finish all the advent yarn before the new advent yarn comes in the fall”, lol.
I picked the Bifrost pattern by Cater Carter Evans. And I started this project as the pattern instructed for stitch count and stitch pattern. But for one, I didn’t like the garter edging and I wanted a wider project. I did go up several needle sizes to try and make the scarf bigger. I just want more….
So I ripped back the whole darn thing. Which was, if I may say, a nightmare! The soft merino singles stuck to EVERYTHING and ITSELF. I did have to rip one section out and fix it itself. But I managed to get all the yarn back to ball state.
I took some gauge measurements before I ripped, so now I just need a few minutes to run some calculations in excel. I’m going to keep the stitch pattern but work in a slipped stitch edge. And I will cast on more stitches than the pattern….I just needs to do the math to determine how many.