I have my Bifrost back on track and I’m really pleased with this version. I ended up with casting on 100 stitches to make this more of a wrap rather than a scarf. I have even moved into the second color!
So far this second mini skein is just lighter more variegated version of the first mini. The first mini was a tonal purple. And this second is a variegated white/light purple. And the slipped stitch edge is making my orderly brain happy.
I have set an arbitrary goal of finishing this by September 1st and before the 2021 Pigskin Party KAL kicks off. No WIPs allowed in that one so I want to crank out this yardage before I move to scoring those touchdown points.
After I ripped out my Wool and Waves advent shawl AND getting my Cloudborn order in, I was ready to cast on my next garter shawl/scarf project. This is the last project I need to “finish all the advent yarn before the new advent yarn comes in the fall”, lol.
I picked the Bifrost pattern by Cater Carter Evans. And I started this project as the pattern instructed for stitch count and stitch pattern. But for one, I didn’t like the garter edging and I wanted a wider project. I did go up several needle sizes to try and make the scarf bigger. I just want more….
So I ripped back the whole darn thing. Which was, if I may say, a nightmare! The soft merino singles stuck to EVERYTHING and ITSELF. I did have to rip one section out and fix it itself. But I managed to get all the yarn back to ball state.
I took some gauge measurements before I ripped, so now I just need a few minutes to run some calculations in excel. I’m going to keep the stitch pattern but work in a slipped stitch edge. And I will cast on more stitches than the pattern….I just needs to do the math to determine how many.