After putting the kids to bed, doing the dishes and packing lunches I managed to add the last few rows on my Worsted Boxy back panel. From that point it was pretty easy to add the three needle bind offs to get the sweater attached.
My short rows turned out neater than they felt as I was knitting them. And I was only off two stitches on one shoulder when I was seaming. It didn’t look like it was going to show so I just decreased them away as I was binding off.
I did try this on after I seamed. It is not as long as I maybe want. But I only have one skein of yarn left for the collar and both sleeves. (They won’t take the whole skein for sure.) But if I would have added 2 to 3 more inches I would have been in yarn chicken territory. And I’m pretty sure a good blocking will add some length if done right.
P.S. the bottom hem is STILL flipping up. I literally cannot wait to block this into submission!