Whelp, my Super Simple Summer Sweater is finished….and it turned out to be tunic length after blocking.
I did knit swatches for this project and the yoke fits beautifully. But my swatches weren’t huge so they didn’t account for the stretching that Malabrigo does especially with this much fabric. It’s a lovely tunic, but not what I wanted this project to be….
I also don’t love what it does to the widest party of my body, my hips and back 40. I didn’t insert any waist shaping so it’s all one box. The tunic would be better if it had nipped in at my natural waist.
I wore this around the house and muddled for a bit. I think I am going to insert needles and cut my sweater a bit. Based on measurements, I need to remove about four inches of sweater body. I can then Kitchener Stitch the hem back to the shorter sweater body. Wish me luck!!!