This all started with my Mothers Day Cast on and I was addicted I couldn’t stop knitting this yarn! Now they all just need to be washed and tucked away for the 100+ degree Kansas summers and wait patiently for Fall.
Don’t you just love when a plan comes together! Plus they make my eyes look blue, lol. Happy Knitting!!
My Aunt Barb happened to be around when I finished it and she helped me snap some photos. Now she is probably one of the last people in the United States to have not used a smart phone. So our photos were….interesting. But we did manage the above photo. My hat is a decent size that fits comfortably around with just a touch of slouch.
Yarn: Hedgehog Fibers Merino DK in Ink and Salty Tales
Needles: US 6s
Mods: I did not work the double cuff and I knit the hat portion according to how much yarn I had. I really just used this wonderful pattern for stitch counts and crown decreases
This hat consumed about 150 yards of DK weight yarn. And I only had the tiniest balls of yarn left above. Not too shabby if you ask me! I might tuck these away for potential knit repairs….or I may let Jellybean have them for his “crafts”. All in all I’m super pleased to have used these golden skeins of Hedgehog fibers to make some super special accessories for me!
I had Aunt Barb take some photos of the complete set and I’ll share those next week! Happy Knitting!!
Last week I finished my Kindness Mitts out of my last skein of Hedgehog Fibers Merino DK. And I have about 80 grams of yarn left between my two colors. So I did some pattern searching and I found pattern to start a hat. I am using Staci Perry’s Double Thick Brim Hat.
Now I’m just using this pattern as loose guide. I definitely don’t have enough yarn to knit a double thick brim or to make it exceedingly slouchy. But I like the stitch count and gauge enough I think I can modify it enough for my purposes.
I’ve completed about 3 inches (ish) of ribbing and I’m starting the stockinette portion. The next trick will be to decide how to work in the Salty Tales (grey speckle) color into my hat to maximize my hat size. I am deciding between small stripes to match my Kindness KAL 2019 shawl or one thick band/stripe just to be done faster.
Mods: I didn’t work the full thumb as prescribed in the pattern. I knit until it looked good enough and cast off.
As predicted the fit is pretty baggy. But they don’t fall off so I’m calling it a win. I used 125 yards or roughly 65 grams of yarn for these two mitts. I knit the first one to pattern measurements and then I knit the second one by counting the rows in the first one. I felt pretty smart doing that. They ended up almost identical!
What I’m really pleased about is that they will smashing with my Kindness KAL 2019 shawl as matching accessories. And I’m currently weighing my leftovers of this last skein of Ink and my Salty Tales to see if I have enough to eeek out a matching hat! Stay tuned….