A Good Project Gone Bad

Remember this FO?


It was a frustrating project and I was NOT happy with the end result. It’s just a very odd shape! I literally finished it and shoved in a box.


Based on some awesome advice from knittingwithheart I think there is a “fix”!

Folded over the blanket is a nice Snuggly size….


I am going to snip the yarn in the middle and rip back a few rows on each side. Then pick up the live stitches and re-knit a matching border. This way I have two Snuggly sized blankets instead of one weird sized one!!

Wish me luck and Happy Knitting!


I am finally getting back into the swing of knitting mostly because my busy schedule has slowed down.

I have made progress on my knit shrug, about another 3 inches. I have also knocked out a handful of kitchen scrubbies for my mom’s craft fair next Tuesday. Both of which I have packed for our weekend travels!


(100% cotton worsted and tulle cut into strips knit together on US 8s with a seed stitch design)

We are headed to the husband’s 10 yr high school reunion, Go Bears!! I finished two scrubbies in the car when I realized I didn’t have a tapestry needle!! A search of my bag was fruitless, all I found was a bobby pin. So I improvised…


A bobby pin makes a needle in a pinch if your price is “open” enough (which mine was). And tah Dah!


I’ll be busy most of the weekend, so ill see everyone on the other side! I finished Needles and Pearls by Gil McNeil this week and hope to have a review up next week!

Happy Knitting!