I finally carved out time to get my Mycroft on to the needles. This was supposed to be my birthday cast on but after reading the pattern I quickly realized I didn’t have the brain space on my birthday to deal with the short rows.
And I was correct, this was a brain bending cast on and first rows. I had the printed pattern and I had cross out tiny sections of the written directions as I went. That, and I counted ALL THE TIME. And this is only the first short row. I have like so many more to do.
I have put this back in the bag for when I can come up for air and work on this one uninterrupted. Totally invested in this project and it looks to get easier after the short rows….but I gotta get there first, lol.