I’ve made some reportable progress on my Mandrake Vanilla Socks!
The first sock is done. This is a 68 stitch toe up vanilla sock with afterthought heel. I like the afterthought heel for preserving the stripes but I’m not sure it’s the best fit for me depending on my gauge/stitch count. But it works well enough to keep using for now.
I’ve started the second sock. When I wound the yarn I made sure to get two matching balls that started with the same stripe. However, I didn’t even use close to 50% of the yarn for the first sock so I’ll have lots of leftovers. But I’m really enjoying the cashmere content in these socks so leftovers would be the worst thing ever!