The Storytime Scholar sweater is done! I made it just under the Pigskin Party KAL deadline. It has been washed and ends woven in. I went to sew on the buttons and I was informed by the tiny terrorist toddler that under no circumstance did it need buttons….
The upside is that he has actually worn this out to daycare and several times around the house. The pockets were a huge hit. I think I will wait until he forgets about it and add buttons later. He’ll never notice….I hope…
I only got one halfway decent photo of him and it was from behind…before the ends were woven in. But such is life with a toddler!
For those with inquiring minds here are the project details:
Pattern: Storytime Scholar by Lisa Chemery
Needles: US 10 and US 9
I used approximately 465 grams of yarn or 511 yards. That is just over four and a half skeins of Knit Picks Biggo. I used some rabbit heather colorway from my stash.
I have finished sleeve purgatory on my Storytime Scholar cardigan for Jellybean. I’ve even picked up for the button bands and collar. It’s seriously like 10 or 12 rows of knitting and I will be done. I have plenty of yarn and I’m pleased with the project so far. It’s just a little less exciting color wise than other things I’ve been knitting lately so it can get dull.
This is my last active WIP for the Down Cellar Studio’s Pigskin Party 2016 KAL. All I have to do is have this done by the SuperBowl next weekend. I feel like the little engine that could…I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!
I’ve reached sleeve purgatory in my Storytime Scholar!
I’m making the 4T size and I feel it’s taking forever. I thought I was close to finishing the first sleeve but when I held it up against a slightly too big tee….I still need more. Sigh
It really is close. And it’s bulky yarn so I just need to suck it up. I don’t mind the knitting, it’s just I can’t wait to get this on Jellybean!
My Storytime Scholar is cruising right along. I’m past the pockets and almost done with the ribbing.
It’s knitting up very well with semi-dense fabric. Which I’m hoping will withstand the toddler abuse. I keep thinking it looks frighteningly big. But the thing with kids is that they keep growing!
My next step will be to bind off the ribbing and then I think I will seam up the pockets. The pattern calls for to do this last but the extra flapping fabric is bothering me. After that I guess it’s the dreaded sleeves. I’m saving the collar for last in case I need to use yarn management.