Yarn: One Twisted Lavish DK in Chaotic Nuetral and Anzula Ava in Raspberry
Mods: added a fading sequence from Andrea Mowry’s Free Your fade Shawl
I didn’t get my yarn measured exactly in half. So in the second glove I did not have enough grey to make the full cuff and complete the full fade sequence. I knew I was in yarn chicken territory so I altered it on the fly. They definitely don’t match but I honestly don’t care. I used 90 yards of the Lavish (grey) and 73 yards of the Anzula (pink). This used up every last inch of the grey and left a small ball of the pink to put in my memory blanket.
I didn’t manage to snag a photo of the gloves with the coordinating shawl. Perhaps when Spring gets into full swing around here I can get some decent outdoor photos? This project just made me super happy to both have a matching peice and to use up some golden skeins of yarn to the very last bit!
My obsession has not slowed this week. My Free Your Fade is into the third color!
I’ve finished my One Twisted Tree DK grey, the Leon Alexander DK variegated and now I’m in to the bright pink Anzula sport. This Anzula is for sure a thinner yarn than the previous two. But as I’ve professed before I’m not fussing about gauge in shawls. This last section has cashmere content and no one can hate that!
I did end up playing yarn chicken with the variegated yarn and had to kind of adjust the fading section. I turned one garter bump to solid from the variegated. I worked out in my favor and I only had a teeny ball of the variegated left over. And I really don’t think you can tell in the finished section.
Now I just need to get busy and finish this! Happy Knitting!!
I have a FO to show you tomorrow and to celebrate I cast on a project I have been thinking about for MONTHS! I finally put my Free Your Fade on the needles!
I finally settled on my One Twisted Tree Lavish in Chaotic Nuetral (grey) followed by Leon Alexander Yarns Duke DK in Oh La La (variegated) and finished by some Anzula Ava in Raspberry (pink). It’s neutral(ish) with nice pops of colors and should coordinate with my wardrobe really well.
It took me honestly casting on three times to get a product I was happy with. I didn’t like my initial slipped stitches on the edges. Then I messed up the yarn overs on the my second go. But finally this third attempt is looking pretty spiffy! This might quickly become my new obsession…