A Block Away

My Leksak is completely knitted and awaiting a good blocking!

I slept on my wonky button band issue and decided I couldn’t live with it. And I had the yarn to reknit the bands, so why not? So I pulled back the band and re-knit them being careful to count my stitches on each side. And they were equal. Well…..I think I picked up too many stitches on each side. So they now match…but they are kinda huge. But I’m definitely rolling with this one. I’m not doing that a third time! It’s good enough for and it’s good enough for PB, lol.

img_5967

As you can also see, I made the sleeves match. I started my round at the back of the sleeves so the job is only visible from the back. I kinda dig it. This baby is now soaking gently and I hope to have it dry for FO photos tomorrow!!

Happy Knitting!

Wonky Button Bands

My Leksak now has finished button bands. Are they still button bands when there are no buttons? Nevertheless, I had a great time working on this. But I do admit to plowing through them at a pretty good clip after the kids’ bedtimes. And that may have triggered a bit of wonkiness in the bands.

I for SURE did not county my stitches as I was picking up each side. Even though the pattern told me to, I thought “it will be fine”. And you know what? It’s okay but not great. I can totally tell one side has a few more stitches than the other. I kinda stretched the bands for this photo so it’s not as noticeable. I get so little knitting time these days I can’t really face ripping it out and re-doing it right now. I think I’m going to finish the sleeves and block it before I decide. I mean acrylic really isn’t known for “blocking out” problems. I just need time to think on it before I decide.

As for the sleeves, I have one done! And I made a happy accident. Instead of starting my round at the underarm when I picked up the live I managed to get distracted by Netflix and start at the back of the arm.

You know what? I kind of like it. I didn’t take the time to remember/look up/actually do any jogless stripe technique. So now the jog is at the back of the sweater where on a baby you won’t actually see it as much. (Honestly, jogs never really bothered me all that much.) This placement kind of made sense in my brain and I think I will repeat it on the second sleeve!

Happy Knitting!!

Then Come The Button Bands

In pretty quick succession I managed to add the button bands to PB’s second sporty cardigan.

img_5278

I was eminently pleased to finish both bands with a decent amount of the lighter color left. As a knitter I am still working on making my button bands better and perfect my picked up stitches. This sweater may not be my best outing. But it’s done and they match and PB will never ever notice.

Plus I’m kinda hoping blocking does me some good with this 1×1 rib by evening it out and stretching it so the sweater doesn’t pull in. I know from the first sweater that I have a decent shot at this. For this second sweater I made more button holes and put them closer together. I’m hoping this makes for more customization in this sweater on a growing wiggling baby.

The only thing is that that my top two button holes aren’t as evenly spaced as the rest. I’m going to call this an unintentional design feature and roll with it, lol.

Happy Knitting!!