FO Friday: Baldwin The Bathroom Monster

Baldwin the Bathroom Monster is DONE! I managed to put in the mouth and weave in all the ends!

Yep, hes a bit wonky! But hes soft and happy and squishy. And most important of all…..ready for PB’s birthday today. One year ago today I tried to got to bed the night before and ended up with my water breaking and heading to meet PB at the hospital.  Tomorrow we will throw a party with our family and let PB smash her face into her first cake. I cannot wait!

Baldwin is all ready to take notes!

Pattern: Baldwin the Bathroom Monster by Rebecca Danger

Yarn: Premier Yarns Parfait Layers in Sweet and Spicy

Needles: US 7

Mods: I accidentally made the feet two different sizes and my magic loop accidentally moved my decreases around a bit so my toy biases a smidge. But he’s perfect!

I used only about 78 yards of this bulky weight yarn. I would say it’s on the lighter end of the bulky spectrum. Baldwin ended up with pants and shirt thanks the self striping nature of the yarn cake. This project took maybe 6-8 hours total to knit so it was a fast one. Except for I only managed to snag a few minutes here and there so it took a lot a lot of days. I’m tempted to make this pattern again and see if I can do the magic loop correctly this time. Hmmmmm

Happy Knitting!!

An Almost Finished Baldwin

My Baldwin the Bathroom Monster is all done (with the knitting part that is)!

I finished with two weeks to spare on PB’s birthday! Now Baldwin still needs a mouth and a bellybutton. I might also possibly add a crochet flower tail because the husband thinks that will make it extra cute. The only thing stopping from being done is that I am out of white felt in my craft stash for the Rebecca Danger style mouth. Now this is easy to fix with a trip to Joanns or Micheals soI hope to have this all tucked in time for PB’s party.

Stay tuned for finished finished finished projects photos! Happy Knitting!!

 

Wonky Monster

I bit the bullet and finally worked my first magic loop project. I have been working on PB’s birthday monster, Baldwin the Bathroom Monster. The body is done and all I need is arms. But aside from the mis-matched feet I discussed last time….Baldwin is also a little wonky….

img_0274

This piece biased like crazy and twists sideways. I lost control of my magic loop at some point and just guessed about how to get my cord placement back in order. And the best I could tell it was fine. But I obviously moved where my decreases were and caused some biasing. Whoops.

But again I’m really getting closer and closer to PB’s birthday and I have decided that I like my monster with character! This Baldwin is super soft and just squishy enough for PB to chew on. So all I need to do is knit arms and I’M DONE!

Happy Knitting!!

PB Won’t Stop Growing Up

When I was at Joanns picking up the needles I was missing, I might have fallen down in the chenille yarn section…

PB will be one year in May and I’d like to make a lovey for her birthday like I did for Jellybean when he turned one. I found the Premier Parfait Layers in the perfect grey and pink combo that matches PB’s layette. Man…she does not stop growing these days!

She definitely approved and was thematic for her outfit that day!! (PS…that’s 18 month sized clothing on my 9 month old….)

I already own Rebecca Dangers’ Big Book of Knitted Monsters and there is one written for super bulky. So I think PB is getting Baldwin the Bathroom Monster.

I fully recognize that I made my life harder by choosing chenille yarn. It’s not my favorite to knit with but PB has an affinity for super soft things and I’m a total sucker. I’m thinking I’ll make the big monster and then crochet the leftovers into a little monster sized blanket.

Deadline knitting and I don’t always mesh…so we will see how this goes! Happy Knitting!!