Happy Friday! To celebrate this week I have a new pair of socks to snuggle my feet in. My Antagonist Vanilla Socks are done, washed and blocked!
Pattern: Toe Up Vanilla Socks using 68 stitches and a gusset heel
Yarn: Stranded Dyeworks BFL Nylong Fingering in Antagonist color
Needles: US 1s
These are the perfect socks. They have a nice sturdy fabric thanks to the BFL fiber content but they are still next to skin super soft. The speckles really pop out of the dark grey main color. The fit is really good with plenty of room in the heel and the cuff hugs my leg just right amount.
I do have a decent amount of yarn left from the skein. I used 68 grams or 272 yards in my socks so I have roughly 130 yards left for my scrap projects. Which I’m not mad at. I definitely see more BFL socks in my future.
I worked the toe up gusset heel ala Wendy D Johnson and I’m started up the leg. I haven’t decided what kind length of socks these want to grow up to be. I really do need more shorties in my drawer but this is really nice auto pilot knitting. I may not be ready to start the toe of the second sock….
I think I will sleep on it for a couple of days. Happy Knitting!!
Thanks to many (read: MANY) conference calls and video meetings I have made pretty good progress on my Antagonist Socks! The toe increases are done and the foot is one inch shy of starting the heel.
I’m really enjoying the yarn! There are flecks and pops of mossy green, burnt orange and a some other colors I can’t quite describe that keep me interested. The finished fabric is not merino soft but feels like imagined the BFL content would turn out. It is still soft but feels firm like it won’t pill or wear as easily.
I’m pretty sure I am going to do a toe up gusset heel by Wendy D Johnson for these socks. I have that almost memorized and it fits my foot quite nicely. My next hurdle will be to see if I can turn the heel while knitting out of video call frame….