This was 5 ounces of fiber that ended up turning into a 144 yard skein with 138 grams total weight. It worked out to a light worsted/heavy sport type skein. And the best news ever is that it is pretty darn close to the original skein so they should work together nicely!
I already have new fiber on the wheel and I will show you the awesomeness that this Targhee wool is doing! Happy spinning!!
The plying went beautifully and I think I even managed to spin this yarn somewhat close to the first skein! The sparkle is truly what gets me. It’s just so shiny but the skein isn’t scratchy.
The kiddos absconded with my fiber wash and bucket. So once I track that down I will get this skein washed and whacked. I’m hoping for close to 150 yards with a stretch goal of 175 yards. This will mean the two skeins together can make a substantial project!
The Super Bowl is upon us and the Kansas City Chiefs squeaked into the title match. This black fiber is brought to you by the AFC Championship game that was a nail bitter. Too keep my blood pressure under control, I just kept focused on the spinning. By the end I blew through all five ounces!
The fire didn’t hurt either!
Now I have to decide if this will get plied before or after the big game! Happy Friday and Happy Spinning!!
Finished size: 19.5 inches long and 10 inches tall.
I had previously blogged about slogging through this. I should have realized that it was a slog because the fabric created did not match the original. I finally gave in and bound off just to be done. I used 70% of the skein or 129.5 yards. I am going to start another cowl in a deep purple in a stitch pattern that better matches the original. I will still probably gift this cowl to Mere as well. There is nothing wrong with it as it’s very soft and pretty. I’m just disappointed in myself for “forcing” the knit.
I caught a sinus infection and was home from work on Monday and just flew through the rest of this project. I used a little over three skeins of yarn or 230.3 yards (153 grams) of yarn. So I earned 17 points for yardage and 25 points for the WIP interception contest for a whopping 42 points total! I’m not growing to win on total points but it’s nice to see them stack up.
I haven’t tried this on Jellybean yet but it’s washed and blocked. I think this may get wrapped up for under the Christmas tree!
I started up with my Mini Thermal Vest I started for Jellybean back in June. I got about this far…
And I hated the fabric which is why I set it down. It was too loose and open on the US 8 needles I was using. So I put my big girl panties on and swatched. The magic number turned out to be US 7s.
I’m flying now, gotta love big yarn on big needles. There is a pattern there I promise. It’s just impossible to photograph this inky black yarn. It’s knit picks shine worsted. I’m hoping to have this ready for church on Christmas Eve with the family!
After some swatching I’ve settled on pattern ratio of black to grey. I think it’s pretty smart looking. I’ve been weaving in my ends as I go and I’ve grafted the cast on edge. This way I don’t have to fuss with the tube as it grows. I’ve taken this project in the car and to work so it can see some action before Halloween gets any closer!
P.S. My project bag for this project is a Halloween bag from dollar tree. I think it’s appropriate in this case 🙂