Finished Mittens for Jellybean

I whipped through the mittens for Jellybean this week!

Pattern: No Swatch No Gauge Mittens for Kids by Jean Gifford

Needles: US 5s

Yarn: Berroco Vintage in teal 

I love these finished objects despite the fact that I had to use dpns in the round. I’m getting ready to throw them in a bath to wash and block to even out the stitches. I haven’t yet dared to show them to Jellybean because I would never get them back! He’s got quite the glove obsession of late. And with they thought I’m off to start a second pair!

Happy Knitting!!

WIP Wednesday: Stashbusting Gloves

I feel like shouting….”Once more into the breach!!!”

Are these gloves starting to look familiar? Well guess what, they should be! These are some Simple Fingerless Mitts (take three) or my Stashbustin’ #42 project.

P.S. sorry for the bad lighting….it’s getting so dark so early it’s hard to get good pics!



I wanted to make another gift pair and do a little odds and ends stashbusting. I had some Berroco Vintage DK in orange from my first two pair of gloves and some Berroco Vintage worsted in yellow from my Brick Sweater.  They colors looked good together so off I went.

I weighed each remaining lot of yarn and divided in half. One half for each glove. I worked the orange (dk) in 2×2 rib until I ran out. Then I proceeded on with the pattern in the yellow (worsted) until I ran out of yarn. I wasn’t able to fully complete the 2×2 rib at the top, or really at all. So the mitt curls a bit…ok a lot. I’m going to give this first mitt a bath and a block to see if it solves the curl. Otherwise I’ll rip back and correct it. Then of course….knit the matching mate to go with.

Honest opinion time….do you guys think this glove works?

Only a few more weeks till Xmas…..

Not FO Friday: Fingerless Gloves

Looks like a FO doesn’t it?



Sadly, I only have one glove complete. I really really liked my first pair of finger-less gloves. I just had to cast on a second pair. I had exactly half a skein of my orange Berroco Vintage yarn left so I took that as a sign to make another pair.

While starting the second pair, I realized I didn’t follow the directions correctly the first time. I inadvertently worked the first 32 rows in the 2×2 rib instead of 10 rows in rib then 22 rows of stockinette. So for this pair I followed the directions as written.


Based on how this glove turned out, I think I prefer my accidental pattern interpretation of the first pair. Those gloves were much more fitted right up to the wrist and flexed with my hand. This glove bunches slightly at my wrist when I wear it.

But I shall persevere and work the second glove to match. But I think this pair will definitely land in the gift pile.

Only 54 days to Christmas!!!!