Jellybean’s sweater now has a decent amount of body knit up. (And a nice collection of yellow lab dog hair…)
I still have a ways to go as the body needs to have 20 inches. I may have 10 or 11 inches done. I measured but for the life of me I can’t remember what the number is, I just know it wasn’t 20. This project has been a nice meditative knit for what little TV watching I get these days. Just round and round with a little interest of garter bands on each side “seam”. Jellybean has really enjoyed watching this grow though he hasn’t seem interested in helping with any stitches. Such is the proclivities of a 4 year old.
Oh thank the knitting gods and goddesses…Jellybean’s sweater is finally divided for sleeves and cruising in the round!
By the time I got to the last raglan rows I was really having to work move all those stitches around my needles. There were a TON! The only slightly upsetting thing is that my gauge changed from working back and forth to in the rounds and there is a line I can see in the finished fabric. No one will ever notice but me….but it still makes me sigh every once in awhile.
But I have successfully divided and have…gulp, 20 inches of body to go. I think I might need a couple of good movies in order to crank this one out! I”m back to work today but I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and is ready to rock in the new year!
My Jellybean has been PATIENTLY waiting for his sweater. It’s a sport weight top-down raglan cardigan in his absolute favorite purple. But I have had trouble mustering the mojo to work on it.
I had trouble getting it cast on and it took two tries. I was making good progress until the rows were getting really really long. And the work is really bunched up on the cord of my needles. And I have been to busy (read: lazy) to get a longer cord from downstairs. I am ALMOST at the sleeve divide and thank god have gotten this thing to the point it’s in the round. So yay, no more purling!!
I really do love this pattern so far. The only thing I’m not wild about is the button holes. But I’ll reserve judgement until the buttons are installed. Either way Jellybean is really anxious to be able to wear this thing so I need to get to knitting faster!
I have started the cuff but I’m not sure how much taller I’m going to get. It may come down to yarn management. You can see my heel waist yarn in the light color. I know I want to start with a navy section right before a green stripe. Just to satisfy my own OCD. So I may knit the cuff until I get to that repeat. I’ll just have to see.
I conquered the heel but not with out a couple of mistakes along the way. I’m pretty sure I miscounted some where but by the time I finished the heel my stitch count was back to the correct amount? I’ve decided to thank the yarn gods and move on…
I seriously can’t put this down. The minute Jellybean is down for the night I pick up this sock. I only have two colors left!! (And a whole other sock, lol.)
I haven slipped this off the needles yet to check the fit. I know my gauge at this yarn weight and needle size thanks to my recent sock binge. But even with that these might be a tad bigger than normal. If it is, oh well I guess I’ll just have to redo and keep playing with this wonderful yarn!
My saga started here with a HUGE yarn splurge from Knitcircus. I then had to wait for needles to free up (see yesterday’s post). And now I’ve finally cast on!
I’m working a modified version of Sand dune socks by Trish Halliburton. Modified as in skipping the charted lace portions, working something more vanilla-y, and using 70 stitches. I am using the pattern mostly for the heel turn that will work with the gradient yarn.
This yarn starts with red and flows to purple. I’m in love already! Sad part…I didn’t read the toe increases correctly and the above progress has been frogged. Usually this frustrates me but I want these socks to be great and to savor the yarn. So I don’t mind and once more into the breach I go!
I couldn’t wait for FO Friday for these. My Happy Socks in Happy Feet are done. I dealt with that pesky dropped stitch. I had a teeny tiny ball of yarn left and they fit pretty well. Goals accomplished!
The 70 stitch count fits a bit better than the 68 I was using before, especially in the foot. I’m considering doing a hybrid on my next pair. Like a 70 stitch foot and a 66 or 68 stitch leg? That way they really hug each area.
I really like how the 2×2 rib keeps the sock from falling down. The yarn isn’t the softest but I think it will wear well. I used my own vanilla pattern and my notes are raveled here.
I’ve been plowing through my Happy Sock #2. Thanks to some good Jellybean naps, long work meetings, and general knitting obsession I’ve passed the heel and working up the leg!
Just one problem…
One. Tiny. Stitch!
I dropped a stitch when I knit in the afterthought heel. I didn’t notice right away and its dropped down three rows. I managed to stop it and secure it by using some scrap yarn for now. I’m not going to frog back to it, I’ve gone to far and I just want to be done already! My inkling is to ladder the stitch back up and secure it with an extra peice of yarn woven through the purl bumps.
This is the second sock of my is on the needles! Jellybean took a good 3 hour nap this past weekend and I knit the toe increases (twice actually because I had a dropped stitch make a huge whole). I really like the fabric this yarn creates but the toe and heel sections are hell on my fingers. The yarn is not the softest but should make a hard wearing sock.
Now to power through this second sock so I can get my hands on my Rainbow Socks! Fighting the SSS (second sock syndrome) hard core on this one…