Blanket Tidying

I am feel the Christmas fog for real in this last run up to the big day. I have finished my latest crochet blanket and other than some socks I don’t have much on the needles. I’m kind of waiting around for my Christmas Eve cast on. So I picked up my Memory Blanket. I probably haven’t touched this in a year and a half?

Turns out I left it with a TON of ends to weave in. So I pulled out a tapestry needle and got to work tidying up my blanket.

I love it when a plan comes together! I just looks so polished and complete after burying those ends. I was even inspired to add two new squares while I had this out.

And I packaged up all my ends and I think I will put out in the spring for the nest builders in my yard. I have both mice and birds. The mice are due to neighbors….sigh.

The blanket is really getting to decent sized. I need to finish the row at the top and the concentrate on adding to the longer side. I am just so pleased with how this really looks like a stained glass project with the grey in between.

Happy Knitting!!

Weaving Fail

I was trying to be a good knitter and give future Rachelle a leg up on finishing these socks. I decided to weave in the end on my Dark Side Vanilla Socks (Take Two) before starting the heels. I am making these from a sock machine cranked sock tube, so there are a LOT of ends to weave in from the contrast heels, toes and cuffs.

I was working with the sock turned inside out and when I turned them right side out I had a d’oh moment. I had accidentally dipped my needle in too far and grabbed a stitch from the sock. After a couple of curse words I turned the sock inside out again and PICKED OUT MY CAREFULLY WOVEN IN ENDS. It took 30 minutes because the universe was teaching me a lesson.

I very carefully re-wove in the ends after I released the extra stitch. It looks much better now! It was a total weaving fail but at least one I could correct. I think these socks are ready for their afterthought heels now!

Happy Knitting!!